Yoga for Beginners
Learn the Foundations of a Transformational Yoga Practice
With Alissa Martin
Whether you are healing from injury, trying to bring more ease to your daily activities, wanting to feel more confident in your body, or mindfully working towards other personal wellness goals; an intentional and conscientious yoga practice can support better health and well-being. If you want to try yoga but are not sure how to begin, or bring more intention around your existing practice, this course will teach you the foundations of an informed and healthy yoga program. You will be learning with a group of beginners, you do not need to know anything about yoga!
- The basic alignment principles of common yoga postures
- How to support your body with props and variations
- How to practice in consideration of injury
- Breathing techniques to help sustain your postures
- How to choose appropriate classes to meet your needs
Starts: Sunday October 28th, 2018
Ends: Sunday December 2nd, 2018
5 classes, with a one-week break for Remembrance Day.
Time: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Cost: $79.00 + tax
Instructor(s): Alissa Martin