Skillful Alignment for Sun Salutions with Chris and KarenSeptember 7, 2016
Stand-up Paddle Yoga FundraiserSeptember 10, 2016
The word “mindful” has become a buzzword to describe a desirable state of mind, but have we really considered its meanings, how it is practiced, and why it may be important in our lives? Mindfulness can be exercised in any moment, but can also be intensified in a meditation practice. In this workshop, we will examine the essentials of mindfulness, the basics of meditation, and its role in supporting an engaged life.
In this workshop you will:
- Discuss the origins, meaning and implications mindfulness
- Learn about mental qualities that contribute towards mindfulness
- Practice basic meditation techniques to develop qualities of steadiness and clarity
- Understand the role of, and relationship to, the breath in meditation
- Discuss techniques to encourage mindfulness in daily life
Tuesday October 18th, 2016
7:45pm – 9:15pm
$35 + tax
Karen Andersen is co-owner of Kushala Yoga. After ten years of working in software development, Karen found her yoga practice taking an increasingly important role in her life. Karen has now been teaching yoga postures, philosophy and meditation for 7 years. She is an ongoing student of yoga’s effect on habit patterns, perceptions, thoughts, wisdom and consciousness. Being no stranger to life’s joys and pains, she is passionate about sharing the tools of yoga for life’s circumstances off the mat. Karen recently completed Michael Stone’s Mindfulness Facilitation Program and is a registered E-RYT (Experienced Yoga Instructor) with Yoga Alliance.