Yoga Retreat at Brew CreekJanuary 19, 2013
The Yoga of Eating (Pitt Meadows) with Sean O’LearyFebruary 3, 2013
Ashtanga Vinaysa is an powerful yet meditative yoga practice where postures are sequenced together in an intentional series to purify, strengthen and balance the body and mind. Ashtanga Vinyasa draws on traditional elements of Hatha Yoga including Sun Salutations (surya namaskar), internal energy bonds (bandhas), breath control (pranayama), and asana (postures).
In this 3-hour workshop, you will learn:
- A detailed breakdown of each standing posture (Warrior series, standing balance poses, etc)
- How to use props and incorporate modifications to suit your body’s needs
- Physical, energetic and psychological benefits of each posture
- Your personal vinyasa – how to transition safely and with integrity through this common transition
- Use of bandhas (energy locks) and breathing techniques to hone your attention, develop mindfulness, deepen the energetic experience of each pose.
This workshop is suitable for students of all levels seeking to challenge themselves with a traditional style of Hatha yoga practice.
Sunday February 24th
1pm – 4pm
at Suter Brook
$35 + HST
Maria’s shift to yoga over ten years ago while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven job. Anxiety ridden, her only solace was her yoga practice, that hour and half of time spent being fully present and in the moment. It was on her mat that she found herself, who she was, how she wanted to live, what she wanted to do. Today she steps on her mat daily to connect with her breath, spirit, ever-changing body and find peace amongst the chaos. Maria is recognized as a senior teacher by YogaBC 500hr. She has been practicing and teaching Ashtanga/Power Yoga for over ten years and her training is rooted in the classical Ashtanga Vinyasa method.