Mindfulness Based Practices for Stress Reduction
With Maria Fabiano
In this workshop we will explore how the use of eastern based based practices, such as yoga, meditation and mindfulness can help decrease symptoms of stress both physically and mentally. We will begin by defining stress and exploring the impact stress can have on the body, on our relationship, and how we engage with the world. Learn the fundamentals of mindfulness based practices such awareness, acceptance, and self-compassion and practical ways we can integrate these practices into our lives.
- Develop a greater understanding of stress and the impact stress can have on the body and the mind.
- Develop a greater understanding of how eastern based practices such as yoga, meditation and mindfulness can help to decrease stress symptoms both physically and psychologically.
- Learn the fundamentals of mindfulness based practices and how the can be used for stress reduction.
- Receive detailed instruction with take home material on practices that can reduce stress and increase vitality and well-being.
- Discover the importance of a daily mindfulness practice and useful tools on how to begin this a practice at home
Open to all ages and degrees experience.
Special Interest: those struggling with anxiety, stress, or who are interested in mindful living. Yoga instructors, therapist and practitioners wanting to deepen their own practice or gain further education and awareness of how to integrate these tools to assist clients struggling with anxiety and stress.
Date: Saturday September 29th, 2018
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: $55.00 + tax
Instructor(s): Maria Fabiano