Join Chris as we take an inquisitive look at the body’s unique anatomy. We will demystify some of the anatomical subtleties of the body and empower you with a deeper understanding of not only practical anatomy for yoga, but more importantly how it affects your life’s activities off the mat.
The information provided in this workshop will help you:
- Gain a basic understanding of your own anatomy. The more we know about our body the more we can work with our body in a healthy way.
- Go deeper in your practice. By understanding some of the basic principles of movement and stretching we can go much deeper in our yoga practice and overcome certain limitations.
- Prevent injury. By becoming clear about what our body is designed to do and designed not to do we can prevent injury on and off the yoga mat.
- Learn to rehabilitate from injury. A deeper awareness of the parts of our body that may already be injured can allow us to move back towards health.
- Accept certain limitations. This can be a humbling experience and the more we understand about our bodies and how unique we are, the more we are likely to achieve this acceptance.
Saturday May 13th, 2017
10:45pm – 12pm
$25 + tax (free for Advantage Program Members)
Instructor: Chris Dunphy