COVID-19 Safety Plan and Policies
This plan and policies were last updated Monday December 21st, 2020.
Your health and safety is of utmost importance to us. Please read our Studio Policies and Safety Plan.
- Your health. Do not enter the studio facility if you:
- Have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Have been directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Have arrived from outside of Canada or have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Physical distance. Maintain a minimum physical distance of 2 meters from other individuals in all areas of the studio, and 2.5 meters when on your yoga mat. If you need to line up, please stand on the designated floor markings.
- Masks. Masks are mandatory throughout our facility with the exception of when you are on your yoga mat. If you need to leave your mat, please put your mask back on.
- Arrival. Arrive at the studio no more than 15 minutes before class. The hallway entrance door is unlocked 15 minutes before class, and will be propped open for hands-free entry.
- Elevators. Please expect delays in using the elevators, as only two people are allowed in at a time. Similar delays are anticipated at the parking payment machines; we recommend you download the HangTag app to your phone.
- Check-in. Give your name to the person at the front desk; they will check your reservation and sign you in for class. Proceed to the left of the front desk to the large studio. Sanitize your hands at the station on the left-side of the desk.
- Personal belongings. Cubbies inside the studio are not in use at this time. You may use a bin provided in which to place your belongings, which you will bring into the studio. Please limit what you bring to class.
- What to bring. Bring your own yoga mat and pre-filled water bottle, as the water and tea station are not in use at this time. You are encouraged to bring your own blocks and other props. Covered pre-washed bolsters and sanitized plastic-wrapped blocks will be provided, as needed.
- Mat placement. Once inside the studio, place the front-center of your mat on a taped marking on the studio floor.
- Flow in and out of the studio. Please enter and exit the studio single-file, 2 meters apart. The first person to enter the room will occupy the farthest spot from the door, and so on. The first person to leave the studio will be the one closest to the door, and so on.
- Sanitizing stations will be found throughout the reception area and inside the studio.
- Class size. Classes are limited to 12 students in the large studio, and 8 students in the small studio, to maintain 2.5 meters between individuals.
- Reservations. A reservation is required in order to attend class. Reservations will be available 7 days before the class date.
- Late entry to class will not be permitted.
- Kushala Yoga reserves the right to refuse service to any individual not adhering to these policies.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
First Level Protection: Elimination
- Group classes are scheduled 30 minutes between end time and start time.
- Customers must reserve their space in class on www.kushalayoga.com to eliminate visitors and limit class size to 8 in the small studio and 12 in the large studio.
- Customers must agree to COVID-19 policies upon each reservation transaction
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment is posted outside entrance and at the front desk
- Upon entry, customers sign-in via a touch-free process
- Individuals on their yoga mats are spaced 2.5 meters apart by aligning the mat to markers on floor
- Classes are live-streamed to encourage customers to practice at home
- Instructors are not permitted to give adjustments and assists to customers
- Chanting and partner practices are not allowed at this time
Second Level Protection: Barriers and Protection
- Plexiglass barrier on front desk of reception area
- Barrier is cleaned for every shift (morning and evening)
- The large studio is equipped with an Austin Air HealthMate HM400, which filters viruses and bacteria.
Third Level Protection: Administrative
- Every individual (staff and customers) must maintain a minimum 2 meters from others with off their yoga mat
- Front door is propped open to minimize use of door handles
- 1 hand sanitizing station is placed outside front door, 1 station in each studio and 1 at the reception desk
- Paper hand towels are used in bathrooms
Fourth levels of Protection: Masks
- Every individual must wear a mask in the facility unless they are on their yoga mat
- Mask-wearing signage is posted on the front door and at the front desk
- Staff will provide customers a mask if they enter the facility without one
Cleaning and Hygiene Practices
- Door handles, light switches, counters, coat hangers, keyboards, and phones are cleaned at the beginning and end of each shift (morning and evening) with either 10% bleach solution or 70% rubbing alcohol solution.
- Washrooms are cleaned once during each shift (morning and evening).
- Studio floors are sanitized each morning, and spot cleaned throughout the day
- Yoga bolsters are covered with washable fabric and are laundered after every use
- Yoga blocks are wrapped in polyurethane and are sanitized after every use
- Plastic baskets for customer belongings are sanitized after every use. Cubbies are not in use
- Handwashing stations available in 2 onsite bathrooms. Signage is posted on proper handwashing
- Hands must be sanitized upon entry to the facility
- Cleaning checklist posted for staff on duty
- Tea station including teacups have been removed
- Non-sanitizable props (straps, blankets) have been removed from the studio