Mindful Parenting and Mindfulness Practices for Children Workshop
With Maria Fabiano
Although parenting is a rewarding and nourishing experience it can also at times be stressful and emotionally challenging. This workshop will introduce parents to mindfulness based parenting and how to introduce mindfulness into the home. In this workshop parents will be introduced to mindfulness based parenting strategies to help improve their own ability to listen and communicate with their children along with tools to help children regulate their emotions. Parents will also learn how to teach mindfulness based practices to their children in fun interactive ways.
- Gain an introduction to the practice of mindfulness and mindful parenting
- Develop an awareness of the connection between emotions and stress.
- Learn how mindfulness based skills can help regulate children’s emotions.
- Learn how mindfulness skills can help bring awareness to our own patterns of reactivity as parent
- Learn simple mindfulness based skills that can help parents improve their own ability to listen and communicate with their children
- Learn how to introduce and teach mindfulness practices to children in a home environment.
Date: Saturday October 27th, 2018
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: $55.00 + tax
Instructor(s): Maria Fabiano