Yoga and the Breath for Anxiety Workshop
With Maria Fabiano
“Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.” – Thich Nat Han
The mind, body, and breath are intimately connected to one another. This workshop will begin by defining anxiety-exploring the difference between an eastern based (holistic) view on anxiety and the western (medical model) view of anxiety. We will then explore how anxiety presents in our lives, in the body and where we tend to hold tension, fear and other emotions. this workshop will go on to explore the healing power of yoga and the breath to reduce anxiety, calm the nervous system and help connect you to the present moment. Learn practical and easily accessible grounding exercises, yoga postures and breathing techniques that help clear the mind, reduce anxiety, and facilitate mindful living, Learn how to integrate these tools into your daily life and how to develop a home practice.
You will learn to
- develop a greater understanding of anxiety and the impact anxiety can have on the body and the mind.
- develop a greater understanding of the impact the breath has on the body, the nervous system, our thoughts, and our emotions.
- learn grounding tools that can be used daily to help connect you to the present moment and relieve stress and anxiety
- learn restorative yoga postures you can do at home to help facilitate proper breathing.
- receive detailed instruction with take home material on breathing techniques that help clear the mind, relax the body, and reduce anxiety and stress.
- discover the importance of daily practice and useful tools on how to begin a practice at home
Open to all ages and degrees experience.
Special Interest: those struggling with anxiety, stress, or who are interested in mindful living. Yoga instructors, therapist and practitioners wanting to deepen their own practice or gain further education and awareness of how to integrate these tools to assist clients struggling with anxiety and stress.
Date: Saturday November 24th, 2018
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: $55.00 + tax
Instructor(s): Maria Fabiano